Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dress me up

After attending the conference this weekend, I realized that I did not want to attend another conference wearing the same outfit in which my avatar was clad at the beginning. This gave me away as a “newbie” and made me stand out as someone who likely did not know much about Second Life much less its educational uses. So, I broke down and went to the Free Dove: Gallii (113, 53, 33). I would like to say that I enjoyed the experience but that would be a lie. It was hard to determine what I was getting and it seemed that nearly every available parcel was not really “my style”. However, I got a few things and was able to become clad in something slightly different.

This clothing adventure was followed by several disappointing teleports. I wanted to check out some of the GLBT/Q spaces and was disappointed when I failed to find all but one of those mentioned in the Second Life: Official Guide text. I should have more quickly realized that perhaps Internet sources would be more up to date and finally did find a GLBT/Q safe space with some information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment