Thursday, March 11, 2010

Centers for Disease Control Island

Tonight I made my way to one of the sites for science educators, namely the Centers for Disease Control Island, from the Wiki for educational uses of Second Life. http://www.simteach.com/wiki/index.php?title=Second_Life_Education_Wiki#Teaching_Resources

I followed the link that was provided on the Wiki and oddly found myself on an island called Juwangson (218, 223, 128). It seemed to be largely private and home spaces but there was a billboard for the CDC island and thus I was able to teleport there. Once on the CDC island, my experiences were more rewarding as there was informational material regarding everything from H1N1 to family planning. As I meandered from educational billboard to poster I recognized how much more engaging this explorative learning would be for my microbiology students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment